Novartis recalls some cough and cold syrup in UK due to defect
LONDON Dec 13 (Reuters) - Novartis said on Friday it was recalling some batches of its Tixylix liquid cough and cold medicines for children because of a potential manufacturing defect that could result in small pieces of plastic being found in the bottles.
Although no plastic has been discovered so far and the risk is "very low", the drugmaker said it was recalling certain batches from consumers, retail customers and wholesalers.
The recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency and only affects Britain.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee