Qualcomm says COO Steve Mollenkopf to become CEO in March
Dec 13 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Qualcomm Inc named Chief Operating Officer Steve Mollenkopf its chief executive-elect, replacing Paul Jacobs.
Mollenkopf will become chief executive on March 4, after the company's 2014 annual shareholder meeting.
Bloomberg News reported on Thursday that Microsoft Corp was considering Mollenkopf as a candidate for chief executive, as it reaches the final stages of a four-month search process.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |