Novartis recalls some cough and cold syrup in UK due to defect
LONDON (Reuters) - Novartis said on Friday it was recalling some batches of its Tixylix liquid cough and cold medicines for children because of a potential manufacturing defect that could result in small pieces of plastic being found in the bottles.
Although no plastic has been discovered so far and the risk is "very low", the drugmaker said it was recalling certain batches from consumers, retail customers and wholesalers.
The recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency and only affects Britain.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data