Two injured in plant explosion south of Chicago
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Two people were injured on Friday in a chemical plant explosion in a suburb of Chicago, local media reported.
The explosion occurred at the Blue Island Phenol plant in Blue Island, about 20 miles south of Chicago, according to WGN television.
Two people were taken to Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn and all other employees at the plant have been accounted for, the television station said. The station showed firefighters battling a blaze at the facility.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions