Two injured in plant explosion south of Chicago
CHICAGO Dec 13 (Reuters) - Two people were injured on Friday in a chemical plant explosion in a suburb of Chicago, local media reported.
The explosion occurred at the Blue Island Phenol plant in Blue Island, about 20 miles (30 km) south of Chicago, according to WGN television.
Two people were taken to Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn and all other employees at the plant have been accounted for, the television station said. The station showed firefighters battling a blaze at the facility. (Writing by Brendan O'Brien; Editing by Scott Malone and Vicki Allen)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics