Viking Line ferry runs aground off Finland
HELSINKI Dec 14 (Reuters) - A ferry carrying 1,945 passengers from Finland to Sweden ran aground on Saturday after its steering system failed due to an electrical outage, the ship's operator, Viking Line, said.
No one on the M/S Amorella ferry was in danger, and there was no leakage from the boat, the company said, although one of the ship's water ballast tanks was damaged.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Seventh person dies after New York blast, building collapse: police
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ