Viking Line ferry runs aground off Finland
HELSINKI Dec 14 (Reuters) - A ferry carrying 1,945 passengers from Finland to Sweden ran aground on Saturday after its steering system failed due to an electrical outage, the ship's operator, Viking Line, said.
No one on the M/S Amorella ferry was in danger, and there was no leakage from the boat, the company said, although one of the ship's water ballast tanks was damaged.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official