South Korea's Hyundai Heavy wins $1.4 billion order from Kuwait
SEOUL (Reuters) - Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd (009540.KS) said on Sunday it won a $1.4 billion contract to build the first phase of the Az-Zour North Independent Water and Power Project (IWPP) in Kuwait from GDF Suez (GSZ.PA) -led consortium.
The South Korean shipbuilder and builder, as part of EPC consortium with France's Sidem, said in a statement that the contract is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2016.
The statement added Hyundai Heavy has been part of the EPC consortium with Sidem since March 2011, formed by GDF Suez.
(Reporting By Jane Chung; Editing by Michael Perry)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape