Pennsylvania police find marijuana wrapped as Christmas presents
(Reuters) - A peek inside some gift-wrapped Christmas parcels in a minivan this week revealed an unlikely present - 20 pounds (9 kg) of marijuana, police in Pennsylvania said.
Randy Jesus Valdivia, 38, of Surfside, Florida, was arrested after the boxes were opened and police discovered 40 packages of marijuana valued at $160,000, Pennsylvania State Police said in a statement on Friday.
An officer had searched Valdivia's van with his permission after observing indications of criminal activity during a traffic stop on Thursday on Interstate 80 in Centre County, police said.
Valdivia faces a felony charge of possession with intent to deliver, police said. Jail records show he has been released. (Reporting by Kevin Murphy; Editing by Colleen Jenkins and Eric Walsh)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions