S.Korea Daewoo Shipbuilding wins $474 mln order from Scorpio Tankers
SEOUL Dec 16 (Reuters) - Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co Ltd said on Monday it had won a 499 billion Korean won ($474.02 million) order to build five very large crude carriers (VLCC) from Scorpio Tankers Inc.
The South Korean shipbuilder said in a statement that the tankers will roughly carry 300,000 tons per vessel, and the contract is expected to be completed by the first half of 2016.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media