CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as Fed stimulus in focus
TORONTO, Dec 16 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, with gains in every major sector providing support, as investors focused on the U.S. Federal Reserve's monetary stimulus program ahead of an upcoming policy meeting. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 37.63 points, or 0.29 percent, at 13,163.33 shortly after the open.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |