PRESS DIGEST-China - Dec 16
SHANGHAI Dec 16 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Monday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- National Development & Reform Commission, China's top planning body, said the country will allocate more resources for fundamental and strategic projects such as railway construction and low-income housing projects, while cutting investments in smaller projects in competitive sectors.
- China's lunar lander and the rover it carried have sent back photos they took of each other to Earth.
- China's top drug administration is holding back 450,000 hepatitis B vaccines after two babies died following injections last week. Officials said no clear link has been established between the vaccines and the deaths.
- In order to improve the work ethics of party members, institutional mechanisms must also change, said a commentary in the paper that acts as the party's mouthpiece.
CHINA FINANCE NETWORK
Central Huijin Investments, a government-owned asset management firm, has quietly increased its holdings in New China Life Insurance and Everbright Bank.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |