Spanish grocer Dia in talks to buy El Arbol chain - report
MADRID Dec 16 (Reuters) - Spanish discount grocer Dia is negotiating the purchase of supermarket chain El Arbol for around 100 million euros ($137 million), Expansion reported, citing unnamed sources close to the deal.
The purchase of El Arbol, owned by a group of Spanish savings banks, would make Dia the third-largest grocer in Spain behind Mercadona and Carrefour.
No one at Dia was immediately available for comment.
($1 = 0.7283 euros) (Reporting by Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport