Spanish grocer Dia in talks to buy El Arbol chain - report
MADRID Dec 16 (Reuters) - Spanish discount grocer Dia is negotiating the purchase of supermarket chain El Arbol for around 100 million euros ($137 million), Expansion reported, citing unnamed sources close to the deal.
The purchase of El Arbol, owned by a group of Spanish savings banks, would make Dia the third-largest grocer in Spain behind Mercadona and Carrefour.
No one at Dia was immediately available for comment.
($1 = 0.7283 euros) (Reporting by Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape