Uganda selects six firms, consortia to bid for refinery project
KAMPALA Dec 16 (Reuters) - Uganda has shortlisted six firms or consortia to bid to be the lead operator for a planned 60,000-barrels-per-day oil refinery, the Energy and Mineral Development Ministry said on Monday.
Among those selected to bid are a consortium led by Petrofac , one led by Marubeni Corp, another by Global Resources, China Petroleum Pipeline Bureau, SK Energy and one by Vitol.
"One of these firms/consortia will be selected during the first half of 2014 to lead the Uganda refinery project," the ministry said in a statement.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl