Moncler shares close up 47 percent after first day of trading
MILAN (Reuters) - Shares in luxury jacket maker Moncler (MONC.MI) closed up 47 percent on their first day of trading on Milan's bourse after attracting strong demand from investors who failed to buy into the shares when they were first issued.
Around 80 percent of investors who placed orders for the listing, which closed on December 11, received no shares, two people familiar with the matter said.
(Reporting by Isla Binnie; editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets