ANZ to have Gonski as new chairman in 2014
SYDNEY Dec 18 (Reuters) - Australia and New Zealand Banking Group said on Wednesday that David Gonski will join the board and become the new chairman in 2014.
Gonski, a prominent business leader in Australia, is chairman of Coca-Cola Amtil Ltd and a director of Singapore Telecommunications.
He will succeed John Morschel as ANZ's chairman in May 2014 after ceasing some of his current jobs, ANZ said in a statement.
Gonski previously served as chairman of ASX Ltd and a director of ANZ, Singapore Airlines Ltd and Westfield Group.
ANZ will hold its annual general meeting later on the day.
(Reporting by Maggie Lu Yueyang; Editing by Philip Barbara)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ