Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation names new CEO
SEATTLE Dec 17 (Reuters) - The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation said on Tuesday its new Chief Executive would be Susan Desmond-Hellmann, currently the chancellor of the University of California, San Francisco, who will take up the post from May 1.
The world's largest private philanthropy organization, with a $40 billion endowment, has been looking for a new CEO since September, when Jeff Raikes announced his retirement.
Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft Corp, and his wife Melinda are co-chairs of the foundation, as is Gates' father.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales