CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as focus stays on Fed meeting
TORONTO, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed little changed on Tuesday as investors anxiously awaited the outcome of a Federal Reserve meeting that could determine the future of the U.S. central bank's monetary stimulus program. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed down 4.32 points, or 0.03 percent, at 13,180.09. Six of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |