Novelis to build more automotive sheet capacity
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Novelis Inc will build two new finishing lines at plants in the United States and Germany to produce aluminum sheet for the automotive industry, the company said on Tuesday.
Novelis, a unit of India's HindalCo Industries Ltd , said it will invest $205 million to build the two lines, each with a capacity of 120,000 tonnes per year.
The new lines, to be commissioned in late 2015, will be at Oswego, New York, and Nachterstedt, Germany.
Novelis is boosting its capacity to produce automotive sheet worldwide, and recently commissioned two other finishing lines at the Oswego plant. Another facility is being built in Changzhou, China.
Many aluminum producers see big potential in the automotive business as strict new emission limits push automakers to produce lighter vehicles. Steelmakers are fighting back with new high-strength steel grades.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |