Greece to receive 1 billion euros in euro zone funding this week
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The euro zone will send Greece 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion) this week as part of its international bailout program, the head of the Eurogroup said on Tuesday.
Jeroen Dijsselbloem, who chairs the meetings of euro zone finance ministers, said Greece had taken necessary steps for the payment by modernizing the country's public sector, overhauling its legal system and paving the way for the privatization of two water companies.
($1 = 0.7271 euros)
(Reporting by Jan Strupczewski)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media