Kurt DelBene, retired Microsoft exec, to oversee Obamacare website overhaul
WASHINGTON Dec 17 (Reuters) - Kurt DelBene, a newly-retired Microsoft executive and husband of U.S. Representative Suzan DelBene, will replace Jeffrey Zients in leading the overhaul of the Obamacare website, HealthCare.gov, a statement from Representative DelBene's office said on Tuesday.
DelBene's appointment was also announced by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius in a blog posting. He starts his new job with the Obama administration later this week, a spokesman for Rep. Suzan DelBene's office said. DelBene's retirement as head of Microsoft's Office division was announced in July as part of a reorganization at the software giant.
A Microsoft spokesman said DelBene's last day at the company was Monday.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon