Kurt DelBene, retired Microsoft exec, to oversee Obamacare website overhaul
WASHINGTON Dec 17 (Reuters) - Kurt DelBene, a newly-retired Microsoft executive and husband of U.S. Representative Suzan DelBene, will replace Jeffrey Zients in leading the overhaul of the Obamacare website, HealthCare.gov, a statement from Representative DelBene's office said on Tuesday.
DelBene's appointment was also announced by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius in a blog posting. He starts his new job with the Obama administration later this week, a spokesman for Rep. Suzan DelBene's office said. DelBene's retirement as head of Microsoft's Office division was announced in July as part of a reorganization at the software giant.
A Microsoft spokesman said DelBene's last day at the company was Monday.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city