Country singer Cagle arrested in Texas on drunk driving charge
AUSTIN, Texas Dec 17 (Reuters) - Country music singer Chris Cagle was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of driving drunk in the north Texas city of Greenville, the Texas Department of Public Safety said on Tuesday.
Cagle, 45, was pulled over for running a red light while driving a 2008 pickup truck, police said. He was interviewed by a highway patrol officer and then arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, the department said in a statement.
"Mr. Cagle was transported to the Hunt County Jail in Greenville and booked in without incident," the statement said.
Cagle, whose song "I Breathe In, I Breathe Out" was No. 1 on Billboard's country music chart about a decade ago, was not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source