Bayer appoints Kemal Malik to board with innovation role
FRANKFURT Dec 18 (Reuters) - Bayer AG has appointed Kemal Malik to its management board, giving him responsibility for innovation at the German drugs and chemicals maker.
Malik, 51, has been a member of the Bayer HealthCare Executive Committee, Head of Global Development and Chief Medical Officer since July 1, 2007, Bayer said in a statement on Wednesday.
He will take up his new position on Feb. 1, 2014, and will also be responsible for the North America region.
Malik will replace board member Wolfgang Plischke, responsible for Innovation, Technology and Sustainability and the Asia/Pacific region, when he retires on April 30. (Reporting by Jonathan Gould; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement