Saab wins deal to sell 36 fighter jets to Brazil
BRASILIA Dec 18 (Reuters) - Swedish planemaker Saab AB won the bidding to sell 36 fighter jets to Brazil's armed forces, military officials said at a news conference on Wednesday, clinching one of the most valuable defense contracts up for grabs in an emerging market.
The Brazilian Air Force will enter negotiations to finalize a contract for Saab's Gripen NG, which edged out bids by France's Dassault Aviation SA and Chicago-based Boeing Co.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry