CANADA STOCKS-TSX extends gains after Fed plans to taper stimulus
TORONTO, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index extended its gains on Wednesday after the U.S. Federal Reserve announced that it will begin scaling back its monetary stimulus program. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 153.03 points, or 1.2 percent, at 13,333.19 in mid-afternoon trade.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, three dead