US STOCKS SNAPSHOT -Wall St ticks up at open as Fed awaited
NEW YORK Dec 18 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks drifted slightly higher at the open on Wednesday with markets on tenterhooks ahead of the Federal Reserve's last policy announcement of the year, which might determine the immediate future of its 15-month long program to stimulate the economy.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 36.99 points or 0.23 percent, to 15,912.25, the S&P 500 gained 1.77 points or 0.1 percent, to 1,782.77 and the Nasdaq Composite added 1.281 points or 0.03 percent, to 4,024.961.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite