Russia says West still pressing Ukraine to choose Europe
MOSCOW Dec 18 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov accused the West on Wednesday of putting pressure on Ukraine to choose closer ties with Europe even though Kiev has accepted an offer of financial assistance from Moscow.
Russia is "surprised by attempts to put overt pressure on the Ukrainian government, which continue despite the decisions made in Moscow yesterday," Lavrov said in remarks to Russia's upper house of parliament.
(Writing by Steve Gutterman; Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source