Essex to buy BRE Properties for about $4.34 bln
Dec 19 (Reuters) - Essex Property Trust Inc, a manager of residential properties on the U.S. West Coast, said it would buy BRE Properties Inc for about $4.34 billion in cash and stock.
Under the terms of the deal, Essex will pay BRE shareholders $12.33 per share in cash, and offer 0.2971 newly issued Essex shares for each BRE share held.
BRE operates apartment communities in California and Seattle. (Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76