Essex to buy BRE Properties for about $4.34 bln
Dec 19 (Reuters) - Essex Property Trust Inc, a manager of residential properties on the U.S. West Coast, said it would buy BRE Properties Inc for about $4.34 billion in cash and stock.
Under the terms of the deal, Essex will pay BRE shareholders $12.33 per share in cash, and offer 0.2971 newly issued Essex shares for each BRE share held.
BRE operates apartment communities in California and Seattle. (Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Rescuers seek survivors after NY building collapse; seven dead
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ