Dealertrack Technologies to buy Dealer.com for about $1 bln
Dec 19 (Reuters) - U.S.-based Dealertrack Technologies Inc said it will buy automotive website Dealer.com from private equity firm Apax Partners in a deal valued at about $1 billion.
Dealertrack will pay London-based Apax, one of the oldest private equity firms, about $620 million in cash and 8.7 million shares of its common shares.
The deal is expected to add to Dealertrack's profit.
Dealertrack's shares, which closed at $42.80 on the Nasdaq on Thursday, were down about 3 percent in extended trading.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets