Ukraine's Yanukovich says will not run for second term if ratings low
KIEV Dec 19 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich, whose popularity has been hurt by huge street protests over his policy U-turn towards Russia, said on Thursday he would not run for re-election in 2015 if his ratings were low.
Answering a question during a televised news conference, Yanukovich, who was elected in February 2010, replied: "If my ratings are low and I have no prospects (of winning), then I shall not get in the way of the country developing and moving forward."
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data