Ukraine's Yanukovich says Russia bailout not against Europe integration
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich on Thursday said he had had to accept a $15 billion aid package from Russia because of high gas prices and debt repayments to the IMF, but he said the package did not contradict a policy of integration with Europe.
"There are no contradictions in the course of Ukraine for any (European) integration," he said, adding that Ukraine should maintain good economic relations with all its strategic partners including the EU and Russia.
(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Gabriela Baczynska)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |