Ukraine's Yanukovich says Russia bailout not against Europe integration
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich on Thursday said he had had to accept a $15 billion aid package from Russia because of high gas prices and debt repayments to the IMF, but he said the package did not contradict a policy of integration with Europe.
"There are no contradictions in the course of Ukraine for any (European) integration," he said, adding that Ukraine should maintain good economic relations with all its strategic partners including the EU and Russia.
(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Gabriela Baczynska)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies