Fed's Fisher doesn't comment on policy, economic outlook
(Reuters) - Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Richard Fisher didn't comment on monetary policy or the outlook for the national economy in remarks prepared for delivery to the Dallas Breakfast Group on Thursday, focusing instead on the strength of the Texan economy.
The U.S. Federal Reserve, which said Wednesday it would begin reducing its monthly bond purchases in January, prohibits policy talk from any Fed officials apart from the chairman until midnight of the day following the release of its post-policy-meeting statement.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source