Ariad to resume sale of leukemia drug Iclusig
Dec 20 (Reuters) - Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc said it will resume selling its leukemia drug, Iclusig, in the United States, nearly two months after sales were halted due to safety concerns.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a revised label for the drug including a boxed warning, updated safety information and recommendations regarding dosing.
Ariad shares jumped 26 percent to $6.96 in heavy volume trading on Friday.
(Reporting by Esha Dey in Bangalore)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials