Austria's Hypo Alpe Adria names Alexander Picker as CEO
VIENNA Dec 20 (Reuters) - Nationalised Austrian lender Hypo Alpe Adria [HAABI.UL} named Alexander Picker as its new chief executive on Friday, effective Jan. 1.
He replaces Gottwald Kranebitter, who quit in July, saying that political wrangling over whether the lender was worth keeping afloat had made his job impossible. (Reporting by Michael Shields and Harro ten Wolde; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane