BlackBerry reports huge loss on writedown, impairment charges
TORONTO Dec 20 (Reuters) - Smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd TO> reported a massive quarterly loss on Friday due to an inventory writedown and asset impairment charges.
The company, which abandoned an attempt to sell itself last month, reported a net loss of $4.4 billion, or $8.37 a share, in the third quarter ended Nov. 30. That compared with net income of $9 million, or 2 cents a share, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, the company reported a loss of $354 million, or 67 cents a share.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident