Brazil cenbank lowers 2014 inflation view, cuts 2013 GDP forecast
BRASILIA Dec 19 (Reuters) - Brazil's central bank slightly lowered its estimate for inflation in 2014 and saw it easing further in 2015 but trimmed its economic growth forecast for this year.
In its quarterly inflation report released on Friday, the bank kept its 2013 inflation forecast at 5.8 percent. It cut its inflation view for 2014 to 5.6 percent from 5.7 percent.
The bank revised down its estimate for economic growth to 2.3 percent this year from 2.5 percent previously.
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead