PHILIPPINES PRESS-Supreme Court asked to stop Meralco rate hike - Inquirer
Six lawmakers have asked the Philippines' Supreme Court in a joint petition to stop Manila Electric Co from imposing a record-high power rate increase on its 5.3 million customers, the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper reported.
The country's biggest power utility is supposed to start implementing the staggered 4.15 peso per kWh rate hike this month.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Manila Newsroom; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon