Rosneft's U.S. oil deal needs close review -Senator Markey
NEW YORK Dec 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. government must closely review Rosneft Ltd's deal to buy Morgan Stanley's oil merchant operations, U.S. Senator Edward Markey said on Friday.
The Massachusetts Democrat warned in an email to Reuters that the Russian state-run oil major's move into the U.S. energy market could artificially influence oil and natural gas prices.
The U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment "must closely review this proposed acquisition .... to ensure that a Russian state-owned oil company cannot manipulate our markets and harm the United States and its citizens," he said.
Markey has a seat on the Senate foreign relations committee.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll