Spain govt working on decree to change power price auctions -source
MADRID Dec 20 (Reuters) - Spain's Industry Ministry is working on an urgent decree to change the way quarterly auctions of wholesale electricity prices are carried out, a source with knowledge of the plans said on Friday.
"A decree with urgent measures is being prepared and will likely be presented in the last weekly cabinet meeting of the year," the source said. The meeting will take place on Dec. 27.
The Industry Ministry declined to comment.
However, Industry Minister Jose Manuel Soria said on Friday in a radio interview that the time had come to review the way electricity prices are set in Spain.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid