Textron to buy Beechcraft for $1.4 billion -report
Dec 20 (Reuters) - Textron Inc has agreed to buy aircraft maker Beechcraft for $1.4 billion, the Financial Times reported on Friday, citing unnamed sources.
Beechcraft emerged from bankruptcy protection in February and hired Credit Suisse to seek buyers for its jet plane business, which has been losing money, the newspaper reported.
Textron declined to comment. Beechcraft was not immediately available to comment. (Reporting by Alwyn Scott and Andrea Shalal-esa; Editing by John Wallace)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead