Obama says Obamacare working despite all the problems
WASHINGTON Dec 20 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Friday that the "basic structure" of his 2010 health care reforms are working, despite recurrent issues with the HealthCare.gov website and "messaging problems" with the law.
He told reporters at a news conference that last-minute exemptions from the law announced on Thursday provided an additional safety net for a small group of people, and said he took the blame for the poor rollout of his signature policy achievement.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite