Monte Paschi shareholder denies stake sale report
MILAN Dec 23 (Reuters) - The top shareholder in Italian bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena denied a report in daily La Repubblica about a possible sale of a 20 percent stake in the lender and said its meeting on Monday would not discuss the issue.
According to La Repubblica, the indebted banking foundation that owns 33.5 percent of Monte dei Paschi was close to selling a 20 percent stake to three other foundations and a group of investment funds. (Reporting by Lisa Jucca; Editing by Francesca Landini)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat