Pacific Rubiales to sell Colombia pipeline stake for $385 mln
Dec 23 (Reuters) - Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp, the largest private oil producer in Colombia, said it would sell its interest in the country's largest oil pipeline to a group led by the private equity arm of Franklin Templeton for $385 million.
The deal follows Canadian oil producer Talisman Energy Inc's decision earlier this month to sell its stake in the 590,000-barrel-per-day Ocensa oil pipeline to an investment group for about $595 million.
Toronto-based Pacific Rubiales had bought a 5 percent stake in the pipeline as part of its C$1.6 billion acquisition of Canadian oil company Petrominerales Ltd in November.
Pacific Rubiales said on Monday it would use the proceeds to repay the debt related to the Petrominerales acquisition, reducing the acquisition cost to about C$1.2 billion.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76