STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Dasa jumps as shareholder bids for bigger stake
Shares of Brazilian medical diagnostic firm Diagnosticos da America SA jumped more than 10 percent on Monday after shareholder Cromossomo Participacoes II SA announced an offer to purchase at least 26.41 percent of outstanding shares at 15 reais each, a 12.44 percent premium over Friday's closing price, according to a prospectus published in newspaper Valor Economico.
At 11:17 a.m. (1316 GMT), shares of Dasa, as the company is known, were up 10.34 percent at 14.72 reais.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source