STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Dasa jumps as shareholder bids for bigger stake
Shares of Brazilian medical diagnostic firm Diagnosticos da America SA jumped more than 10 percent on Monday after shareholder Cromossomo Participacoes II SA announced an offer to purchase at least 26.41 percent of outstanding shares at 15 reais each, a 12.44 percent premium over Friday's closing price, according to a prospectus published in newspaper Valor Economico.
At 11:17 a.m. (1316 GMT), shares of Dasa, as the company is known, were up 10.34 percent at 14.72 reais.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official