Obama in 'symbolic' signup for health insurance plan
HONOLULU (Reuters) - President Barack Obama completed a "symbolic" signup for a health insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act over the weekend in advance of Monday's deadline, the White House said.
Obama chose a "bronze" plan in the Washington, D.C., exchange. But like previous U.S. presidents he will continue to receive health care from the military.
Earlier on Monday the Obama administration said it has extended for an extra day the deadline for Americans to choose health insurance plans on the HealthCare.gov website to ensure coverage starting in January.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data