Obama in 'symbolic' signup for health insurance plan
HONOLULU (Reuters) - President Barack Obama completed a "symbolic" signup for a health insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act over the weekend in advance of Monday's deadline, the White House said.
Obama chose a "bronze" plan in the Washington, D.C., exchange. But like previous U.S. presidents he will continue to receive health care from the military.
Earlier on Monday the Obama administration said it has extended for an extra day the deadline for Americans to choose health insurance plans on the HealthCare.gov website to ensure coverage starting in January.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped