Obama in "symbolic" signup for health insurance plan
HONOLULU Dec 23 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama completed a "symbolic" signup for a health insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act over the weekend in advance of Monday's deadline, the White House said.
Obama chose a "bronze" plan in the Washington, D.C., exchange. But like previous U.S. presidents he will continue to receive health care from the military.
Earlier on Monday the Obama administration said it has extended for an extra day the deadline for Americans to choose health insurance plans on the HealthCare.gov website to ensure coverage starting in January.
(Reporting by Ros Krasny and Suzanne Doig; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source