Centerra Gold agrees deal with Kyrgyzstan on Kumtor gold mine
Dec 24 (Reuters) - Centerra Gold Inc said it had agreed with Kyrgyzstan to swap the government's 32.7 percent stake in the Canadian miner for half of the Kumtor gold mine, in a deal that could end a long-drawn argument over the mine's ownership.
Talks have taken place amid riots and opposition calls to nationalize Kumtor, which accounted for 12 percent of Kyrgyzstan's gross domestic product in 2011. (Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza