Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Dec 24 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Buyout firm Madison Dearborn Partners LLC is close to a deal to pay more than $1.5 billion to acquire Ikaria Inc, a specialty drug company backed by private equity and venture capital, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* Brazilian investment bank Grupo BTG Pactual SA will add more than 100 people to its staff in London as it attempts to build its commodities business, the Financial Times reported.
* Private equity firm Carlyle Group LP is nearing an agreement to acquire Johnson & Johnson's ortho clinical diagnostics unit, four people familiar with the matter said on Monday, in a deal expected to be worth around $4 billion.
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials