UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 24
LONDON Dec 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening lower on Tuesday, with futures down 0.1 percent by 0733 GMT before the cash market open, snapping a four-day rally in the run up to the Christmas break.
* London's stock market will close at 1230 GMT on Tuesday, and remain shut for the following two days for the Christmas holiday.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 72.03 points, or 1.1 percent, at 6,678.61 points, on Monday.
* TULLOW OIL : The explorer said a well it drilled off the coast of Norway failed to find oil or gas.
* BRITISH LAND : British Land and GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, have signed a deal for London's Broadgate office complex.
* BANKS: U.S. and European regulators fined banks record amounts this year, imposing penalties and settlements of more than $43 billion as authorities work more closely across borders to clean up the financial sector.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid